segunda-feira, 16 de julho de 2012

I have the FLU!

Last Saturday afternoon I felt strange, like ‘head under water sensation’.  I knew what it was but I had hope the symptoms would disappear soon enough.
My mistake! Influenza (or the Flu) can start quite suddenly after infection. Usually the first symptoms are chills and fever, with body temperatures ranging from 38-39 °C (approximately 100-103 °F). Many people are so ill that they are confined to bed for several days, with aches and pains throughout their bodies, which are worse in their backs and legs. Symptoms of influenza may include:
People with the flu are advised to get plenty of rest, drink plenty of liquids, and, if necessary, take medications such as acetaminophen (paracetamol) to relieve the fever and muscle aches associated with the flu. I’ve been taken that medicine. Since influenza is caused by a virus, antibiotics have no effect on the infection; and that makes my doctor’s explanation quite understandable: ‘Without medication the flu will last 7 days; but with medication the flu will last only one week…’
                                                                                                                                            (Information extracted from Wikipedia.)
Here I am, having chicken soup, drinking tea and hot chocolate and patiently waiting for the end of it.
As soon as I get better I’ll talk about the American family visiting the school and my cake story…
Have a healthy week

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário